Date and place of birth: 21 December 1990, Bonn (Germany)
Lives in: Luxembourg
- LL.M (Master of Laws) in European Law, with merits, at King’s College London in December 2013.
- Degree of Sciences Po Paris (law department – Ecole de droit), mention bien (equivalent to upper second class honours) in 2012.
- Degree of the Institut d’Etudes Politiques of Strasbourg, mention bien in 2012.
- Master of European Economic Law (“droit économique européen”), mention bien in 2012.
October 2013 – March 2014: Complementary courses of Luxembourgish law (in Luxembourg) & AKC year 2 (distance learning).
2012/2013: LL.M (specialisation in European Law) at King’s College London. Also spontaneous participation in the AKC (Associateship of King’s College) course on ethical, philosophical and religious questions: year 1 successfully completed.
2011/2012: Sciences-Po Paris and University of Strasbourg: Master’s double degree in European Economic Law. It also accounted for the 5th year at the IEP of Strasbourg.
2007/2012: IEP (Institut d’Etudes Politiques) of Strasbourg. Multidisciplinary studies (political and social sciences, law, economics and history) including:
- 2010/2011: pre-specialisation in “European and International Affairs”, with several courses in European law, economics and political sciences.
- 2009/2010: Westfälische Wilhelms Universität Münster (Germany), as Erasmus exchange student. This accounted for my 3rd year at the IEP of Strasbourg.
July 2007: Baccalauréat européen delivered by the European School of Luxembourg. Average: 89.2/100. Prize for best student in History.
April-July 2012: internship at the European Court of Justice, at the office of M. le Juge Laurent Truchot (French judge at the General Court). Work in the fields of EU Intellectual Property law and EU competition law, and on an appeal against a judgment of the Civil Service Tribunal. Support to the work of référendaires (judge’s assistants) and autonomous handling of two cases.
September 2010: voluntary internship at a lawyer’s office, Maître Fatholahzadeh, in Luxembourg, to discover the job: reading of older files and pleadings, translation of some documents, analysis of documents in a new case, research work, meeting with clients, and audition of an asylum seeker at the ministry.
- French: mother tongue.
- English: Fluent. IELTS: 8.0.
- German: Fluent.
- Italian: Good skills.
- Spanish: Comprehension: good skills. Written & Oral: strong basic knowledge.
Contributor to the blog “Au Café de l’Europe” (http://aucafedeleurope.com) and founder of its English version (https://europecafe.wordpress.com); writing articles about European economics, politics and law.
Occasional contributor to the EU Law blog of King’s Students Law Review (KSLR): http://kslr.org.uk/blogs/europeanlaw
- Member of the Luxembourgish Youth Parliament since October 2013.
- Young European Federalists branch in Strasbourg. Various activities, such as co-organising conferences and visits to high schools to talk about Europe (“Europe à l’école” project). Also member of the steering committee of the Mouvement Européen Alsace as a representative of the youth section (Oct. 2010 – Oct. 2012).
- Stras’Diplomacy (student association designed to promote International and European Affairs at the IEP): treasurer (2010/2011), Head Delegate of the delegation of the IEP to the WorldMUN 2011 in Singapore (simulation of the UN co-organised by Harvard University students and local students), contribution to the organisation of the first Model UN for high school students in Alsace (April 2012).
Summer 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2011: Supervision of activities « tennis & multisports ».
Sports: tennis, football, hiking, swimming, skiing.
Music: Violin (première mention at the Conservatoire de la Ville de Luxembourg). Former member of the school choir